Paloma Home Health Agency, Inc. provides quality skilled care to meet the health and social needs of the patient and family in the comfort of their home. Our vision is to be the premier community based organization in Texas.
Paloma Home Health Agency, Inc. is Medicare-certified, locally-owned and operated, and licensed in the State of Texas.
These are some of the ways we can help our home health care patients.
- Helping patients and their families to understand and follow physician’s orders regarding nutrition, special diets, medications, and general nursing care
- Helping patients restore strength and independence through physical therapy exercises
- Patient specific health data with observations by a professional nurse are reported to the physician
- Giving injections ordered by the physician and teaching patients and family the proper techniques for doing so
- Assisting with home management of catheters and feeding tubes
- Assisting patients in the proper use of oxygen and respiratory equipment
- Assisting patients with bathing and personal grooming (ADLS)
- Teaching patients and caregivers at home the proper techniques of how to use a wheelchair, walker or crutches
- Educating diabetic patients on how to manage diet, insulin, and other health related measures
- Enabling the patient with ostomy how to resume a full, active life
I thought this place was too good to be true. But I called Medicare, they looked up Paloma, and it was legit. So we tried it, especially since it was free with my mom’s Medicare Disability. She has MS and has trouble walking. Her thinking has degraded, too. So we wanted a physical therapist and a …cognitive therapist? Or whatever they’re called. To begin, we had a nurse come in (he was our overseer for everything) and give us paperwork and documents, and went over the whole process, and home safety. Getting a physical therapist was easy. Paloma apparently contracts with other, certified companies for the various needs their patients might have. The physical therapist was of good quality. She came to my mother’s home about twice a week for a few months. They have a time limit with how long they can provide their services. We just finished the first round of physical therapy, and we’re trying to see if we could get it started up again. We had to pester our regular doctor (my mom’s been going to him for decades) to write a prescription for a brace for my mother’s leg. Once we got that, Paloma took care of everything else. We also heard about how some blood vessel doctor in Italy found that all the MS patients he studied had blockages in their main arteries in the neck; removing these blockages greatly improved MS symptoms. We brought the research to our doctor, the doc was very interested and willing to write a script for my mother to get a venous ultrasound scan, we took this to Paloma, and after a bit of time, they were able to get a mobile ultrasound scan vehicle to come out to my mother’s home to get her scanned. Awesome! Everything was brought to my mother. We didn’t have to drive her anywhere except for her regular doctor visits! Oh, and a nurse came out once a week to take my mother’s vitals. This was mandatory. We were even able to get a social worker to come to our home (she didn’t get paid unless she came to our home; phone conversations don’t get her paid) to go through various agencies we might be interested in, and various government laws, rules, and regulations. Now, the cognitive therapist, we still haven’t heard from all these three months. Again, Paloma contracts these services out to another company. We’re on this other company’s waiting list, and haven’t heard a peep from them. Overall, I’m really thrilled we tried such services. I’ve probably forgot other great things to mention, but figure this is a good enough overview. And we plan on working with this company for as long as they’ll have us.
Customer Review on Google – August 22, 2011
It is the policy of Paloma Home Health Agency, Inc. to treat all individuals in need of care without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, physical handicap, or national origin.
Paloma Home Health Agency, Inc. offers the finest professional care and services on an individual basis, providing care for patients going home from the hospital or recovering from an extended illness. We accept referrals from physicians, family, friends, hospitals, or from you personally.